To calculate result you have to disable your ad blocker first.
Make the list of courses and semesters, input the credit hours and select the earned grades, and press calculate button to find grade point average using gpa calculator
Grade Point Average Calculator
GPA Calculator is used to calculate overall GPA based on grades and credits earned in various courses in a semester system.
What is Grade Point Average?
Grade point average (a.k.a GPA) is a numeric representation of the academic performance of a student that is determined by averaging the grades they earned in all their courses. The grade point average scale typically ranges from 0.0 to 4.0, with 4.0 being the highest possible GPA.
The formula to calculate Grade Point Average is as follows:
GPA = (Σ(Grade Point * Credit Hours)) / (ΣCredit Hours)
- Σ = a notation of summation
- Σ(Grade Point x Credit Hours) = the sum of the grade points earned in all courses, calculated by multiplying the numerical value of each grade by the number of credit hours for the course.
- Σ Credit Hours = the total number of credit hours taken.
Grade Points Table
Here is a table for calculating the grade points.
How to calculate GPA?
Use gpa calculator above to find the Grade Point Average. Below is an example to calculate GPA manually.
Find the GPA of a student if he obtained the given grades in 5 courses of the first semester.
- Course 1: A+ worth 3 credit hours
- Course 2: B worth 4 credit hours
- Course 3: B- worth 2 credit hours
- Course 4: A- worth 4 credit hours
- Course 5: C worth 3 credit hours
Step 1: Take the product of grade points and credit hours and find the sum of each multiplied term.
|Grades||Grade point||Credit hours||G.P * C.H|
Step 2: Now add the product of each term.
Σ(Grade Point * Credit Hours) = 12 + 12 + 5.4 + 14.8 + 6
Σ(Grade Point * Credit Hours) = 50.2
Step 3: Now take the sum of Credit Hours.
ΣCredit Hours = 3 + 4 + 2 + 4 + 3
ΣCredit Hours = 16
Step 4: Take the formula to calculate GPA and put the required values.
GPA = (Σ(Grade Point * Credit Hours)) / (ΣCredit Hours)\
GPA = 50.2/16
GPA = 3.1375
GPA = 3.14 (rounded to two decimal places)